Make ABC Reading Eggs a Part of Your Homeschool Curriculum
Try the award-winning homeschool reading program – the perfect addition to your homeschool curriculum.
ABC Reading Eggs is the perfect program for homeschoolers, providing a comprehensive range of research-based online reading lessons, activities and books that teach children aged 3 – 13 the literacy skills needed for a lifetime of reading success.
Developed by a team of Australian primary educators with 30+ years teaching experience, ABC Reading Eggs provides the ideal complement to any homeschool curriculum.
The comprehensive reading program is grounded in solid educational research and covers the five pillars of reading – phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency.
“We cannot say enough about ABC Reading Eggs! Not only is this a one-stop-shop for reading (fluency, comprehension, recalling details, etc.), it assesses reading level remarkably well, allowing the student to bypass skills already mastered. Higher levels incorporate vocabulary, spelling, and multiple reading skills in a fun way. This is our son’s favourite part of his homeschool day.” – Lisa M
Why do homeschool parents love ABC Reading Eggs?
The reason why 91% of homeschool parents using ABC Reading Eggs have seen a noticeable improvement in their child’s reading skills is because the program combines a progressive sequence of highly-instructional learning activities with motivational elements – colourful animations, fun music, and exciting rewards – that keep kids motivated to learn!
Homeschool parents can also enjoy detailed progress reports, hundreds of full-colour activity sheets that correspond with the lessons in the program, printable certificates, and much more.
Free trial of ABC Reading Eggs for homeschoolers
You can sign up for a FREE trial of ABC Reading Eggs, giving you full access to the program. Upon signing up your child can also take the free reading test that will place them at the appropriate lesson according to their reading ability. Before you sign up, you can try sample lessons of ABC Reading Eggs for FREE here.
Track your child’s progress
A comprehensive dashboard details your child’s progress through the program, including how many lessons they have completed, books they have read, their estimated reading age, and what score they achieved on each end-of-map quiz.
Homeschool lessons that match your child’s reading ability
The one-on-one lessons and activities are carefully paced to ensure your child makes progress. Children complete a reading test at the start of the program to ensure they are placed at the appropriate lesson. There are also assessment tests at the end of each map to ensure children have retained what they have learned in the lessons.
Skills taught in the ABC Reading Eggs online homeschool program
ABC Reading Eggs instructs homeschoolers in the five core literacy areas outlined by the National Reading Panel as essential components of reading instruction. These include:
- Phonemic awareness – children learn the necessary listening skills to become aware that speech is made up of sounds and that these sounds make words, syllables and phonemes.
- Phonics – each letter of the alphabet is introduced in its own lesson with a focus on reinforcing letter-sound relationships and highlighting the alphabetic principle.
- Fluency – children develop the rapid word recognition skills essential for reading fluency, including learning to instantly recall crucial sight words that make up 50% of primary level books.
- Vocabulary – new words are introduced with visual support to provide context and increase word knowledge and retention.
- Comprehension – reading for meaning is the end goal of ABC Reading Eggs. The program includes over 2000 e-books, each with their own comprehension quiz.
Key features of the ABC Reading Eggs homeschool reading program
Designed for children aged 3-7, ABC Reading Eggs consists of multiple learning areas, including:
- My Lessons – 120 reading lessons each consisting of a variety of instructional activities. Learn more about the content of each lesson.
- Storylands – features 20 lessons with a focus on developing reading, vocabulary and comprehension skills. Storylands also includes 20 wonderful books and lots of fun rewards. Learn more about the content and skills covered in Storylands.
- Spelling – 96 carefully graded spelling lessons that develop a wide range of spelling strategies. Learn more about the content covered in Skills Bank Spelling.
- The Story Factory – children can write their very own story books and choose full-colour illustrations to match their story.
- My Program – at the completion of a reading lesson children are recommended four e-books to read that match their reading level.
Key features of the ABC Reading Eggspress homeschool literacy program
ABC Reading Eggspress continues the learning to read journey for 7 to 13 year olds, helping children further develop their comprehension, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and writing skills. Key features include:
- My Lessons – over 200 comprehension lessons which cover five broad levels equivalent to school years 1 to 6. Learn more about My Lessons.
- The Stadium – your child can compete against students from around the world or against the computer with four contests that tests skills in spelling, vocabulary, usage, and grammar.
- English Skills – focuses on common spelling rules, generalisations, and strategies using a combination of teaching videos, engaging online activities and games, with printable worksheets and assessment tests. Learn more about English Skills.
- The Writing Press – your child can learn the purpose of different text types with highly detailed descriptions, examples and tips on how to compose them.
- The Library – home to over 2000 e-books, each with their own comprehension quiz.
What homeschool parents have to say
“ABC Reading Eggs has been the best purchase for our homeschool this year. Our 8-year-old dyslexic son loves and learns from this visually exciting program. It has helped his reading and also his writing as he has started his own ‘ABC Reading Eggs’ story book! He draws his own map, creates characters for each level, and writes a story for each one. Amazing!” – Edyth N
“Hi there, I wanted to let you know that I am a homeschooling parent and I absolutely love your program. My son has advanced so much in his reading in the last few weeks since we have started using ABC Reading Eggs and he absolutely loves it! Thank you for your great program.” – Sharee
“Dear ABC Reading Eggs team, thank you for a wonderful program. My children love it! They can’t get enough. I’m impressed with the report you just emailed me. Nice touch – especially helpful for homeschoolers. I will add it to my records. Thanks again.” – The Clarkes
“ABC Reading Eggs has been a terrific addition to our homeschool. Each of my three kids beg me to let them play and I think that is how ABC Reading Eggs really differs from the others; it is not a chore for them to be using it. My two smallest are now able to recognize words in their own books, and my 7-year-old has learned to read fluently solely from ABC Reading Eggs. I will continue to use ABC Reading Eggs for many years to come and cannot recommend it highly enough.” – Amanda B
“The price is incredible for the amount of content that you get and is honestly the best homeschool investment I have ever made.” – Schelly
“My homeschooled kids love to do the lessons and for the first time I feel like my second grader is finally making progress in phonics.” – Vanessa