This competition is now closed. Congratulations to the winner – Alan M. We will be in contact shortly.
Schedule to the Terms and Conditions
ABC Reading Eggs Mega Book Pack Giveaway
Blake eLearning (ABN 6414 0998 821), 655 Parramatta Rd Leichhardt, NSW 2040 (“Blake eLearning”)
Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABN 52 429 278 345) of 700 Harris Street, Ultimo 2007, New South Wales, Australia.
Authorised under permit LTPS/20/42294
Entry to the Competition is open to: all residents of Australia who are currently not customers of ABC Reading Eggs.
Entrants and guests must be: 18 years or older.
Commences: 9am AEST, Wednesday, 26 February 2020.
Ends: 5pm AEST, Wednesday, 11 March 2020.
To enter, entrants must sign up to a 30-day free trial of ABC Reading Eggs on https://readingeggs.com.au/abcsolus.
Maximum Number of Entries
1 entry per person.
Selection of Winner
The draw will be held at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, 12 March at Blake eLearning, 655 Parramatta Rd, Leichhardt NSW 2040. The Promoter will randomly select 1 winner from the draw.
The major prize winner will win:
Value (incl. GST)
ABC Reading Eggs Mega Book Pack
Total Prize Pool
The prize is valued at: $252 (incl. GST)
Total prize pool is valued at: $252 (incl. GST)
Please refer to clauses 11-18
The Prize winner(s) will be notified within two (2) days of the Prize Draw by mail, telephone or email and any other means of communication set out in the Schedule. Prize winners will also be notified in writing within fourteen (14) days of the Prize Draw. Please allow at least twenty-eight (28) days from the date of notification for the delivery of the Prize.
Unclaimed Prize Re-Draw
The re-draw will take place on 5pm AEST, 11 June 2020.
Rights in Your Entry
Additional Terms Applicable to this Competition
1. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Competition. The Terms and Conditions governing the Competition include these General Terms and Conditions, the Schedule to these General Terms and Conditions and any instructions relating to the Competition on the Website.
2. Any capitalised terms used in these General Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency between the Schedule to the Terms and Conditions (Schedule) and these General Terms and Conditions, the Schedule will take precedence.
3. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry into the Competition is free.
5. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. An entrant of the Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Directors, immediate family members, employees and contractors of each Promoter and any agencies, retailers and suppliers directly associated with the Competition, or with the provision of the Prize, are not eligible to enter.
6. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
7. To enter the Competition, entrants must enter the Competition in accordance with the Entry Method (and any other entry details provided by the Promoter on the Website) during the Competition Period.
8. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the requirements in the Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions.
9. If a Prize is awarded by draw, all entries in the Competition will go into a random draw and the Prize draw will be conducted in accordance with the details in Prize Draw of the Schedule. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win a Prize. If the winning entry is invalid, that entry will be disregarded and the Prize will be awarded by drawing the next valid entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
10. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Total Prize Pool value is specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct as at the time of the commencement of the Competition Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
11. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, the Promoter will not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize. The Prize winner (and, if applicable, their guest(s)) is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize including (if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
12. If a Prize is available in various locations, the Prize winner is only eligible to claim the Prize in their nearest capital city. If the Prize occurs in the Prize winner’s home city, the Prize winner will not be eligible to receive any accommodation or airfares (which may otherwise have formed part of the Prize).
13. If the Prize is date specific, the Prize winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the dates stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem the Prize on that date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner in its absolute discretion.
14. No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
15. All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
16. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating in using the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of that Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
17. If the Prize includes flights, entrants agree that:
20. If the Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize includes room charges only (and no ancillary costs such as room service).
19. If the Prize involves tickets to an event, the Promoter is not responsible for any changes in times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
20. The Prize winner(s) will be notified within two (2) days of the Prize Draw by mail, telephone or email and any other means of communication set out in the Schedule. Prize winners will also be notified in writing within fourteen (14) days of the Prize Draw. Please allow at least twenty-eight (28) days from the date of notification for the delivery of the Prize.
21. In the event that a Prize winner is unable to be contacted, the Promoter will retain the Prize for three (3) months from the date of the draw. If the Prize is not claimed within three (3) months of the date of the draw, the Promoter will redraw another winner for the unclaimed Prize. If the Prize is date specific or perishable and must be claimed prior to the standard three (3) month period, the Unclaimed Prize Re-Draw date in the Schedule will apply. Re-draw Prize winners will be notified as set out in above.
22. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, all physical entries become the property of Blake eLearning and will not be returned to the entrants.
23. To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
24. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees:
25. You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
26. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
28. Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
29. You warrant that:
30. You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
31. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
32. You acknowledge this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the ABC through the Website rather than to Facebook.
33. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s) the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
35. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any delay, death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any Prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any Prize or damage to any Prize in transit and the Prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.